Cougar Swim School 2022
WATER POLO(Middle School)
- January 11, 18 and 25
- Time: 3:00pm – 4:30PM
- For grades 5th to 8th
- Players will work on developing their water polo skills, treading, shooting, defense and endurance through a series of drills and scrimmages
- Players must bring: swim suit, towel and goggles
- Space is limited to 20 players
- Not a ‘learn to swim’ camp. Camper placed with groups based on age (grades 6th to 8th) and swimming ability
- Must be able to swim one length of the pool
- Campers will near basic Water Polo skills and rules
- Activities include a combination of swimming for fitness, learning skills needed to be an effective player, water polo drills and scrimmages
- Please bring a swim suit, water bottle, towel and goggles
- Space is limited to 12 campers
AQUA DAY CAMP
- Half-day camp (Monday-Friday) from 9am to 1pm (8:45am Check In)
- This is not a ‘learn to swim’ camp. Camper placed with groups based on age (ages 8 to 12) and swimming ability
- Activities include: relay races, intro to water polo, springboard diving, pool games, water safety, basic water rescue skills & swim stroke improvement
- Please pack a mid-day snack, drink and lunch for your child. Campers will also need clothes to play in, running shoes, swim suit, towel, goggles and sweatshirt
- Space is limited to 20 campers
AQUA DAY/JUNIOR GUARD CAMPS
Our Aqua Day / Junior Guard camps are for boys & girls ages 8 to 13 who should be able to swim at least 8 feet from and back to the edge of the pool (in water that is over their head). Our staff and coaches ensure your child will have a great time while learning proper swimming technique. Group placement is based on age. Water activities are based on swimming ability. Enrollment is limited (with ratio of 8 campers to 1 instructor).
WATER POLO CAMPS
Come learn the basic skills and rules of this great sport! Our water polo camps are designed to teach the sport to inexperienced and experienced players. Depending on their ability, we’ll teach basic to more advanced skills in a recreational format that will be fun and safe. Campers must be able to swim 25 yards without stopping. Space is limited.
WATER POLO LESSONS
Our water polo classes are designed to teach the sport to inexperienced and experienced players. Depending on their ability, we’ll teach basic to more advanced skills and understanding in a recreational format that will be fun and safe. Students will learn how to effectively swim using the head-up freestyle method, swimming with the ball, and treading water with and without hands. Then we will move into learning how to handle, pass and shoot. Once they have learned and practiced these fundamental skills, they will move on to learning basic game set-up, plays, offensive and defensive skills. Students must have learned how to swim, are comfortable in the water and are looking to participate in a fun and competitive environment.
Aqua Day / Junior Guard Camps (ages 8 to 12)
Our Aqua Day / Junior Guard camp is a half-day of safe and fun activities in the pool and on the field including relay races, noodle water polo, springboard diving, pool games, water safety and basic water rescue skills. Our staff will work with campers to improve their swimming ability, endurance and technique. Along with swimming, campers will be introduced to water polo, snorkeling, spring board diving and Lifeguard training.
Water Polo Camps (ages 13 to 17)
Our water polo camps are designed to teach the sport to inexperienced and experienced players. Depending on their ability, we’ll teach basic to more advanced skills in a recreational format that will be fun and safe.
Lifegaurd Academy (ages 11-14)
Camper Gear List
– Lots of energy
– Water Bottle
– T-Shirt & Shorts
– Snack & Lunch
– Swim Suite and 2 Towels
– Sun Block
– Socks & Sneakers
– Equipment Bag
San Lorenzo Valley High School
7105 Highway 9, Felton, CA 95018
Cougar Swim School offers swimming and diving lessons, as well as water polo clinics, Junior Life Guard training and other aquatic camps in the Santa Cruz area. Learn more.